Market Q & A

10/7/2013


Q What should I do with my investment portfolio?

A Of the portion of your portfolio committed to equities for the long haul, hold 2% to 6% in a short-term bond fund. With the remaining 94% to 98%, emphasize attractively valued stocks supported by solid growth outlooks, like the stocks on our buy lists. Near-term volatility would not be surprising, but we would view pullbacks in recent leaders like Cognizant Technology ($83; CTSH) and Mylan ($39; MYL) as buying opportunities.

The last confirmed signal under the Dow Theory was the Sept. 18 reconfirmation of the bullish primary trend, and a pullback after such a move to new highs is not unusual. While the average U.S. stock is no longer cheap, we are still finding high-quality names with decent upside potential.


Current Hotline

Stock Spotlight

Individual Stock Reports

ISRs make stock research easy!

Perhaps the most valuable two page reports available anywhere.

All the data you would normally have to plow through years of 10-K filings, earnings reports, and reams of market data to assemble — yours all in one concise report.

ISRs contain our proprietary Quadrix scores — find out how we rate all the stocks in the S&P 500.

Visit us at individualstockreports.com